Anazak Pre and Primary School
Dar es Salaam
Anazak Pre and Primary School is a private owned English medium school established to provide high quality educational services to children aged 2 to 12 years old. The school is located at Kimara Temboni, Saranga Ward in Ubungo District, Dar es Salaam Region. It is a school with modern facilities to enable effective teaching and learning process. Children are monitored closely on their growth and development in the learning process. They sharpen their potentials and update their knowledge and skills to meet the fast-growing technology and the changing world.
Job purpose of Transport officer
To monitor Anazak schools vehicle usage &maintenance in a manner that will provide reliable transportation services in a way that protects the schools image and relationship with parents and other stake holders.
Job Location: Dar es salaam, Tanzania
Salary: The salary is negotiable with consideration of qualifications and experience
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure proper filing and documentation is in place for all vehicles including registration, insurance and other documents required.
- Prepare and avail timely reports of Vehicle movement, fuel consumption, maintenance, accidents and other fleet related issues.
- Establishment of good management strategy to Drivers and vehicles, also provide training for drivers in consultation with Management.
- Plan, organize, Supervise and manage the work of Drivers to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with school requirements.
- Follow up of rules and policies for fleet and Transport management /Construct and implement transport policy
- Maintain vehicle service and inspection records to ensure compliance with manufacturers’ servicing schedules or leasing school maintenance requirements and ensure all vehicles are cleaned & in good condition.
- To receive initial accident reports and to follow up with Police and Insurance Company in collaboration with the respective authorities
Knowledge and skills
- Communication skills:Communication skills are essential for transport officer, He/she use these skills to interact with drivers and their assistants, other staff to the respective department, parents and school management authorities .
- Transport officer must be able to clearly convey information to higher authorities members for decision and other duties excution.
- Also to use communication skills to write reports and communicate with other officers.
- Attention to detail:To use attention to detail to ensure the following of protocol and complete all necessary paperwork.
- Also to use his/her attention to detail to ensure checkup of all vehicles for safety and that they follow all regulations. Attention to detail can also help transport officer notice any suspicious activity and identify potential threats to public safety.
- Problem-solving skills:Transport officer use problem-solving skills to address a variety of situations, including those that involve traffic violations, accidents and other incidents.
- To use these skills to help people find their way to their destinations and to help them understand the rules of the road.
- Physical fitness:Physical fitness is another important skill for transport officer to have.
- This is because it needs to be able to run after suspects, apprehend criminals and perform other physical tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure:Transport officer often work in fast-paced environments where may be required to make quick decisions that affect the safety of others.
- This skills helps transport officer make the right decisions in emergency situations.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Mechanics, Transport and logistics Management or other related fields
- Long experience in a similar job
- Good interpersonal skills, adaptability, flexibility and ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent knowledge in communication skills
- Computer skills
- Experience in fleet management
- Experience in driving manual vehicles
- Knowledge of transport logistics and vehicle mechanics
- Valid Class C driving license
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Terms of service: Full time
Applicants must attach an up to date CV and copies of academic certificates and other trainings
Applicants must attach a cover letter written in English or Swahili language
Applicants must attach a copy of valid driving license
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to come with the originals of Driving License, academic and professional certificates during interviews.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Applicants should submit all application to:
Anazak Pre-and primary school
Dar es Salaam
Deadline for submitting application is: 13rd January 2022.
Leave a Reply