CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Arusha, Tanzania | Posted on 01/17/2023
WORKING AT SCIS
St. Constantine International School (SCIS) was founded in 1951 and is the oldest international school in Tanzania, as well as the largest international school in northern Tanzania. We are a not-for-profit, non-denominational, co-educational, day and boarding, international school. We are predominantly a Cambridge International School, following the EYFS programme in Early Years and then the Cambridge International Programme from Years 1 to 9. In Years 10 and 11, students study the Cambridge IGCSEs and, in Years 12 and 13, they mainly study the Cambridge A-level programme. We are also proud members of Round Square.
We currently serve 600 students (including around 70 boarders aged 6 – 18) from over 30 different countries. Our Main (Burka) Campus (where our boarding house is located) has gorgeous gardens and playing fields, sitting in beautiful tree-lined surroundings under Africa’s 5th highest mountain, Mount Meru, on the world-class northern game park circuit. Our smaller Town Campus, which runs parallel classes to our Main Campus from Nursery to Year 2, is in a delightful setting just outside the CBD, with spacious classrooms, wonderful mountain views and a lovely family feel.
We are seeking a dynamic colleague who is committed to the busy life of an international school striving to be the top school in East Africa to teach Swahili as a Cambridge subject.
- Competitive terms of employment and outstanding working conditions.
- A competitive salary package.
- Opportunity to work with a team of highly supportive and creative colleagues from all over the world.
- Excellent Professional Development.
- The chance to educate and shape the futures of some of the loveliest children and young people you will ever meet.
- Teaching using the provided lesson plans (may also be asked to develop such plans based on provided pacing charts as relevant and needed) for their subject(s) in order to be able to teach using the curriculum.
- Marking of exams related to their subject matter in accordance with the schedule and material provided by the department.
- Discussing disciplinary and student performance issues with the Academic Head Teacher as needed.
- Implementing the Cambridge syllabus to ensure an environment conducive to learning in the classroom.
- Providing support by invigilating exams as needed in an adequate and properly managed exam environment.
- Providing support for the academically low performing students, to help improve and get motivated to reach their potential.
- Develop and/or follow external exams preparation by going through past papers as planned in the structured revision schedule.
- Aiding in duties that may include testing children, substituting for absent teachers , organizing children for lunches and buses, controlling traffic, and other administrative duties that may be assigned to him/her by the school management.
- Attending training sessions when needed and as per the request of school management in order to enhance their understanding of the Cambridge syllabus improving their performance
- Performing such other related tasks or projects as they arise and as delegated by the school management.
- Bachelor degree in a related subject matter (Bachelor in Education) and/or equivalent
- Swahili Proficient / Native Swahili Speaker
- MS Office needed components
- Communication Skills
- Ability to work within a team
Applicants will be required to submit a letter of application and CV, together with copies of their education certificates and police clearance to firstname.lastname@example.org On CV, please include the names and contact email addresses of three professional referees.
Due to the expected high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
St. Constantine’s International School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects the same from its employees. All new staff will be subject to detailed and enhanced pre-employment clearance, including identity checks, criminal background checks for all countries lived in, qualification checks, employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment, and satisfactory reference checks for all employment in the last 5 years.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement:
St. Constantine’s International School is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind in line with Tanzanian Law. This policy applies to all employment practices within our school.
St. Constantine’s International School makes recruitment decisions based solely on merit, i.e.whether or not candidates have the skills, experiences, attributes and traits required for the exceptional performance of the advertised role.
Closing Date: 31st January 2023
Short-listed candidates will be contacted after the closing date. In exceptional cases, we may contact candidates before the deadline. Interviews will take place soon after the closing date. St. Constantine’s International School reserves the right to end the recruitment process early should we find the right candidate before the closing date.
Leave a Reply