Senior Specialist; Strategy Monitoring
NMB Bank Plc
Dar es Salaam
Job Location :Head Office
The role holder will be responsible for monitoring and championing execution of the banks strategic plan. This involves managing and monitoring implementation of strategic projects and initiatives, coordinating, planning, analyzing and evaluating execution of different strategic initiatives.
To produce strategy monitoring reports and facilitate increased usage of standard and non-standard strategy execution tracking reports and play key coordinating role for strategic projects.
- Support the Head of department (HoD) in leading the medium-term strategy and planning process, including but not limited to taking lead on engagements with external consultants as needed
- Support the development and tracking of managements (MT) scorecards and KPI’s
- Support the business with development of new value propositions
- Support the HoD in relevant special projects including budgeting, productivity exercises or others.
- Support different functions in the strategy planning and monitor the execution process
- Work on the assigned strategic projects and conduct business analysis and report on the projects
- Engage with management and key stakeholders across multiple projects and work streams to identify business needs, challenges, and opportunities.
- Analyze business needs and recommend initiatives to optimize business and financial performance
- Identify and develop new business opportunities for growth
- Perform analysis on prevailing industry trends and expansion opportunities to catalyze and achieve business goals
- Resolve problems with internal business customers such as incorrect data capture, rectifying inputs in the wrong place, and generally working with highly variable quality data
- Evaluate new products launched to determine value added and establish whether this is in line with Bank’s strategic expectations.
- Supply information which can be used to develop business cases in order to obtain approval for new products
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to identify strategic needs, lead all aspects of planning with sound business recommendations, and generate alignment with key business partners
- Track record of experience managing and mentoring with high integrity and the ability to inspire others
- Experience navigating large and complex organizations, including gaining access to key executives and stakeholders and successfully managing relationship building dynamics and processes
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills that encompass clear and compelling communications.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in BCom, Accounting, Economics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, IT & Computer sciences, Mathematics or other related fields; MBA preferred but not essential
- CPA qualification is an added advantage
- At least 6 years in Product Management, Business or Strategic planning, Analytics & MI, or Accounting, with at least 3 of these in a managerial position.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Job closing date : 23-Jan-2023
Leave a Reply