Administrative Job Vacancy at UAUT
Dar es Salaam
The United African University of Tanzania is a private Christian university in Tanzania.
THE UNITED AFRICAN UNIVERSITY OF TANZANIA (UAUT) is a private Higher Learning Institution founded by the Registered Trustees of Korea Church Mission (KCM), with the objective of alleviating poverty and promoting growth through raising Tanzanian Christian leaders who are equipped with excellence in wisdom, knowledge and Christian virtues. The responsibility of the day to day running of UAUT is vested upon the University Council with the Vice-Chancellor as the main link between the Board of Trustees and University Council.
UAUT obtained The Certificate of Full Registration (CFR) from Tanzania Commission for Universities(TCU) since 2012.
DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR ADMINISTRATION AND FINANCE
Holders of PhD and a GPA of 3.5 (Upper Second class) or above at Bachelor degree and 4.0 or above for Master degree majoring in Accounting/Finance/, International Business, Marketing, Engineering and other related field. At least 4 years of teaching experiences after attaining PhD.
Must be an Associate Professor or above Demonstrated ability to mentor and supervise undergraduate research.
Demonstration of actual experience in application of course material to real life situations Ability to apply specialist knowledge and skills to the resolution of problems in the society.
Ability to remain current in his/her field through active consulting and continuing education.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible as chief advisor of, and assistant to, the Vice Chancellor in respect to matters of the university as shall be assigned to him/her or his/her office and may be prescribed
- Assist the Vice-Chancellor in the performance of his or her functions and in that regard shall oversee the Finances and Administration of the University.
- Be responsible for the planning and development of the University.
- Oversee the preparation and implementation of the University’s recurrent and development budgets.
- Oversee development, roll out and review of the University’s Strategic Plan, investment portfolios and operational plans.
- Oversee the development and implementation of policy framework for the use and management of the
- University’s fiscal and human resources and other assets in accordance with approved regulations.
- Oversee the preparation of budgets, including research budgets, for all Faculties, Schools, and Institutes, Colleges or other academic bodies.
- Monitor income, banking and expenditure of all income generating units for compliance with the University’s approved policy, plans, budgets and regulations.
- Oversee the production of performance reports on finance and administration by all academic and administrative units of the University.
- Monitor the development and implementation of staff development programs.
- Establish systems for the mobilization and utilization of resources for various activities of the University.
- Contribute to the promotion of partnerships and networking for the growth and development of the University.
- Perform any other function as may be given to him/her or as may be prescribed.
How to Apply:
Send your detailed CV, Cover letter. Certificates (PDF) and Testimonials (if any) to;
firstname.lastname@example.org; cc; email@example.com; and firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline 8th April 2023
Leave a Reply